Gua sha will create some pinkness or redness in the area you are working. When working on the face you want to apply light to medium pressure as the facial skin is thinner and there is less tissue and muscle compared to the rest of the body. The amount of “sha” or color will vary depending on pressure, amount of stagnation or inflammation in the area, time spent, and the individual’s skin type.
- How to use
- About the Stone
HOW TO GUA SHA
1. First apply a facial oil like The Nectar for a good slip.
2. Always work upwards and outwards - 6-10 times at each area of the face as needed (you don’t need to go in a particular order).
3. Keep the Gua Sha stone at a 15 degree flat angle.
4. Use medium pressure along the jawline and chin and light pressure around the eyes and forehead - the goal is to increase microcirculation, not to induce markings or bruising.
5. You can clean your tool with soap and water, to remove buildup of oil or debris.
6. Gua sha will create some pinkness or redness on the area you are working but should subside shortly after the session.
Made of 100% Obsidian stone. According to crystal healing, black obsidian/bian stone cleanses negative energy from our bodies, minds, and spirit. By drawing out the negative fog, we can gain clarity and insight into our overall wellness.
Please note our Gua Sha's are hand made from natural stone so they may vary slightly in shape, texture and color. In combination with the face oil, the logo can fade overtime.
What Should I expect when doing a treatment?
How long do results last?
Results are dependent on the frequency of using your tool, which can be daily or a few times a week. The more often you use it, the better the results. You will see immediate results every time you use your tool.
If redness or markings occur what should I do?
In most cases, the redness will dissipate within 30 minutes to an hour unless petechiae (small, red bumps) are present. The goal is to increase microcirculation, not to induce markings or bruising.
Amazing tool to sculpt the face Easy to hold and you can feel the effects immediately
I've had several face tools before, but this must be the first one that actually seems to work. Love using it at night as a little me-time moment, and it helps my face appear slimmer. Love all the different sides that help you achieve different things, and help you to get into every corner of your face. 5-stars for sure!